Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Up Wednesday January 21, 2009


Ok... like this hardly ever happens here.... SNOW!!!!!!!!!! We actually had snow!!!!! Doesn't Rosewood Cottage look pretty? There were some strange critter patterns in the snow. David and I were clueless as to what they were. David made lots of snow cream. Let's see that is no pee/yellow snow, evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix all together until taste is pleasing and then eat too much of it so that it spoils your dinner and you get a brain freeze. Yep, that would be David. He's such a kid.

Well, I decided to take advantage of the snow day since I only had to work a few hours in between. Everything stops here in eastern NC when it snows. At the grocery store, all the bread and milk disappear. Not sure why. Give me wine and something "snooty" to eat. I'm not about to eat cereal or make a sandwich. My God, I'm 40 not 4! Geez!

Anyhoo... I took advantage of my time not being at work and created some cards and framed pieces. I really love how they turned out. They are available on my Site and on my boutique at Make Mine Pink. Please see my earlier post regarding Pink Friday at Make Mine Pink. Come and visit with us. Lots of pretty Romantic Roses items from independent women in business.




See ya Sunday. Happy snow day.
bunny hugs and kisses,
shell
One last thought. I'm cold and want the snow to go away so I can be warm again. Come on Spring and Summer! Dag I don't know how Northern States deal with this. Burrrrr!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We deal~ really we do!! Hot Chocolate and fireplaces do nicely. Happy Snow Day!

Mary Wadsworth said...

I love your snow day creations, the green and white buns are my favorite.
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and it is a snow day every day here!LOL!

cathy said...

Too funny! We didn't get any snow but do you know they actually closed the schools because they thought the snow was coming. LOL. My son was happy but he was disappointed that the snow didn't hit. Usually if it comes from the south, we will get it, if it comes from the north, it's just rain for us.

gail said...

Hi Shell,,, what a beautiful home you have. I love it. I love all of your new creations, but love the green bunnys the best :) Stay warm! I am with you, dont do cold very well.... thanks for visiting my blog.
hugs, gail

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Love your sweet blog! Enjoyed my visit!

Susie said...

Hi Shell! Seeing your home in the snow makes me feel better in cold, snowy New York! What is that saying....misery loves company? :) Your cards are so beautiful. Enjoy your burst of snow and make a bunny snowman!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Patricia said...

You're noooooobunny 'til snooooowww buuunnnnyyyy luuuuuvs yyouuuuuu! (that's me singing)
You really do need a snow bunny!
Glad you had such a nice productive snow day, they are definitely fun.

Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings

Unknown said...

Shell May, you crack me up, I just love ya! Your husband is so funny!! I wish we never got snow here in Michigan, so I could be happy about it, lol!!

I LOVE your new cards!!! You make such beautiful things :)

Love and hugs,
Amy

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...