Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bunnyville, a Clean and Serene place to be


Chloe giving Razzy a kiss and telling him it's good to be home.

Well it only took an entire week with two "party" animals living in the foyer, chaos all over the house, and me wanting new accessories. I mean hey, it's a new space I didn't want to load it back up with stuff. That's always how I felt that space was, a dumping ground for stuff I thought I would make and never did. Most of you know that I'm a complete neat freak and I hate clutter. I love carefully chosen pieces that I fall in love with and want to treasure. I'm also in loooooooove with French decorating. I love the simplicity, calmness and well.. everything. There are some great French blogs on my sidebar if you care to take a hop over.

Seeing as the bunnies have always lived upstairs, I never really knew what "party" animals they were. It seems 4:00 am is the magic hour that they chase each other around, shred paper, eat hay and Razzy tries to hump Chloe while she gives him a look of "back off fat boy." Razzy and Chloe have both been fixed, so there is no worry of babies. It's just a dominance thing.

When I "released the buns" on Friday night to their new abode, they ran and ran and ran. They were so happy and enjoyed investigating the new layout. I keep the cabinet doors open on both ends of my sewing table so they can run through on the bottom shelf or take a nap. They think this is totally cool and I get a kick out of watching them.

So onto the photos.

Upon climbing the stairs to Bunnyville, you are greated by
Riesling the Rabbit. Chateau St. Michelle Riesling is my favorite wine
and this bun was named after that. Probably after having a few glasses
one night. hee,hee,hee

I got rid of all the shelving and got cabinets. I couldn't take the
plastic storage bins any longer! I painted the back wall my favorite green,
Fishnet from the Seaside Cottage collection at Lowes. The rest of the walls are painted
Sailcloth from the same collection. I love these soft, muted colors. I even put the bunny's hay in that pretty white basket in a vintage pillowcase. I know, I know, I'm dorky, but it's pretty!!
Here's one more shot.

View looking back to the stairs. The vinyl looks like a stone tile, which I love. Of course not having to clean grout from bunny fur and fabric schnibbles I love even more!
In front of my sewing table and near the stairs is the bunny
playground. Tunnels, their favorite stick hiding hut, their poo poo bucket (Chloe's going to pee as I take this photo) and their dining area.
This is a view of my cabinet area. I love all the creamy accessories. Easy to clean too!
Yep I'm one happy camper in this space. Now I better get to work to pay for it all!
Finally, this last thing was the perfect finishing touch. I bought one of those cool transfers that you just rub on the wall. This truly says what I feel and what I believe. I have been a member of Make Mine Pink for several years and have always dreamed of being a front page boutique owner. Well....I am!!!!!!!!! I did it!!! I'll be revamping my website and carrying my quilting and stitching patterns and supplies. It will take me a few weeks to get it all there, but it's going to be worth the wait. I'll still have a few ready made things for sale, but mostly it will be patterns, etc.
Please hop over and visit Make Mine Pink and check me out. My store is at the bottom left. I'm so excited!!!!

Stop by and visit me on Wednesday. Have a fun week!
bunny hugs,
shell

This week IGF believing in my dreams, a fabulous place to create and my fuzzy coworkers.

26 comments:

Susie said...

Wow Shell! What a beautiful place to dream and achieve! And bunnyville to boot! I love your cabinets and can't wait to see all you do with your new FP shop. Pink bunny hugs,
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose
PS: Boy, do I ever need your de-cluttering around here. Only I call mine my 'style'...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful workspace Shell! How could you not produce beautiful things in a room like that!

Anonymous said...

Shell

Bunnyville is amazing. You and your DH did a fantastic job pulling this wonderful space together in such a short period of time. I can see that Razzie and Chloe are happy as can be to be home too.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Shell, your revamps workspace is 2die4! I love it - well, you know I love organization. This room is so pretty for you and the "buns".
Hugs,
Carol
www.businessinthebag.com

gail said...

Shell, I love, love, love the new Bunnyville. You guys did a great job. and I know Razzy and Chloe must be on top of the world. You lucky the buns dont jump. My cats are constantly in my work space too, but man they jump right in the middle of everything, soooo nosey!!! It is such a beatiful work space. Congratulation on front page, I am sooo happy for you.
Happy Creating, hugs, gail

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing space! If you had a tribe of tiger as I do, no way that would survive... LOL...maybe I should have rescued bunnies instead! Sigh....
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Shell it looks amazing!!! I love it! You are going to have so much fun and be so inspired to create in that beautiful space. Your bun buns are precious as always.
hugs,
Carrie

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Shell!

What did I miss?! Your beautiful workspace! It's just too gorgeous! I love your taste in interior decorating, I wished you can do mine! :D Love the choice of colours, and everything looks bright, simple and neat!

Pei Li

Roxie Morrow said...

I'm freakin' speechless! I want to live in Bunnyville. I mean it!
Love your space Shell, you deserve it and more. Have fun creating. I think your lighting fixture would look pretty with a few Wedding Cake White Candylights...just sayin'.
xoxo
Rox

Nancy said...

Shell, Unreal! You did all that in a week? It's Gorgeous! Think I'll hold back on posting the pics of my new room until next year. I am so very happy for you and the decisions you have made to grow your biz. Now do the Buns climb stairs? They will love having you around.
Huggs,
Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
www.coeurdalenegifts.com/blog/

Georgia said...

Shell,
I love Bunnyville....is there room for me there? First class job done on a wonderful space....it will nurture your creativity. Congrats, again, on your FP boutique!

Pink bunny hugs!
Georgia
www.grandmagscottage.com

Anonymous said...

Wow what an amazing looking room! Your bunnies are simply the luckiest!! Good job, Shell and David!!

SoCal Helene said...

Shell, Bunnyville looks amazing! You are so lucky to have such a amazing studio to work in and your coworkers are adorable!
Helene
SistersGiftCompany.com

Carolee Crafts said...

Your work room is beautiful, I will be showing to my DH later as a subtle hint. The room itself is inspirational and I hope you have hours of creativity there.

Good to hear the bunnies are now 'home' and settled and who can blame them.

Thank you for sharing

Deb Cushman said...

Wow! You've created an amazing space for you and your buns! An environment that is sure to inspire you.

Patricia said...

Shell, that is just gorgeous. What a fantastic joy you guys have done. Bunnyville is spectacular. Enjoy your wonderful creating retreat, you deserve it.
I'm so happy your front page dream has been realized.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.com

Brandie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a clean fresh environment to work and dream. I am jealous;) Happy creating!

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Shell it turned out beautiful. Wow! What a wonderful working environment. Wish you lived closer. I'd call on your services to get our home in order. *smiles* (HUGS)

Susan
www.myvintagecharm.com
www.myvintagecharm.typepad.com

Marie said...

Shell,
It looks fabulous. What a wonderful place to work. It might be about the same size as my entire apartment. I know we are going to see some wonderful creations from there.
Marie

Cottage Flair said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a beautiful space to create in. You did a wonderful job. I like that your bunnies are there with you. Great saying on the wall. It is just gorgeous!
jennifer

Kim Banks said...

It looks fabulous! Such a big change from the last time I was there. You definitely know how to decorate.

Brown Bee Studio said...

OMFREAKINGOODNESS Shell! Talk about "Where Women Create"......simply beautimous sweetie! xoxo AndieBee

Mary Wadsworth said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
Wow Shell it is so dreamy, have you ever considered being an interior designer? You should, you have great taste!

Hugs,
Mary

Kimberly said...

That's a great space, good for you! Hope you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Shell May, I LOVE Bunnyville! What a perfect space! And you sweet bunnies look so happy too! Love the colors you chose! And putting hay in a pretty pillowcase in a pretty basket is not dorky, it is genious and I would so do that too!!

Bunny Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,
Just catching up on your blogs way too late 12:30 a.m. Just got done doing my taxes, yuck. LOVE the new studio. Just like the rest of your house, beautiful. You will be one the cover of a magazine someday I am sure of that.
Love ya
Dawn

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...