Sunday, March 15, 2009

Conspiracy in Bunnyville

Conspiracy, noun
a conspiring, an unlawful plot, a conspiring group.

Who me?????

What ever do you mean? I'm adorable, tiny and oh so cute! I would never do anything naughty
like chew the carpet!


I'm totally offended.

According to David, there is a conspiracy in Bunnyville. You see for a very long time I have wanted to paint bunnyville and get some vinyl flooring. I really hate carpet and with fabric dust and bunny fur it's a real pain to keep clean. Also, I've had a vision for that room and have been dieing to get it done. Not to mention my sewing chair would glide around much more easily on vinyl than carpet. Well, Princess Chloe Pudd'in Pie decided she was ready to redecorate as well and was using the "cute card" as leverage. You see female bunnies or doe's are natural diggers. They dig the hole in the wild and basically set the "house" up for the family. Chloe has been pretty good about the carpet since I got her. The problem areas (corners) I put boxes or tile pieces on and she left them alone. She only has nine million things to play with and dig at (typical kid). Well on Wednesday she just started digging the carpet all over the place! Thank goodness I was home to catch her! Bunnies cannot eat carpet fibers as it will get stuck in their stomach or intestines and could basically kill them! Of course I went into panic mode and said it's time for vinyl. Like now! I can't put the bunnies back in prision!

So, we moved everything down out of bunnyville (my God I have a ton of crap) and put it all in the living room and dining room.
Here's David getting ready to paint. Our friend, Eric, came over and helped get the big items out as well as helped to get the carpet, padding, etc. up. I helped David paint a little until he kicked me out saying, "you suck at painting, leave." No problem! I hate painting and pretty much I do suck at it. hee,hee,hee!So while bunnyville is undergoing a reno, and David says that Chloe and I had a conspiracy to redecorate and spend his money for the new dash on his 69 Camaro on paint and flooring, the bunnies have been temporarily sent to prison in the foyer. They are quite miffed with us. I'm not sure what my punishment will be. Move over bunnies, mama's spending the night!

I'll post pictures when we get it all done.
Have a great week everyone!
bunny hugs,
shell

This week IGF a husband that loves the cute bunnies and their mama.

PS. don't forget that Make Mine Pink Shop Hop starts tomorrow! Click the link on my sidebar and register for fun and prizes!

23 comments:

KatCollects said...

I'm thinking you gave Chloe extra bunny treats to help you ; ) Adorable pictures, and I love that big cage you have for them in their temporary living area. The things we do for our bunnies : )
Kathy

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful all knowing bunny Miss Princess Chloe Pudd'in Pie~ you will love vinyl~ but will you really sweep up all the scaps~;-)ox~S@C'estChouette

Marie said...

HI Shell,

What adorable pictures of Chloe. But this story is mighty suspicious. Was that carrot puree I saw on the edge of the carpet?
Marie

Cottage Flair said...

Michelle,
Too funny. I guess your bunny knows you very well and is on your side! Good luck with the redo. SHow us the pics when your finished.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Shell

David is a sweet as your bunnies. Deep down he wanted vinyl too.

Lisa

Eileen & Karen said...

Your too funny Shell! I love the passion and dedication you have to your sweet bunnies! Can't wait to see the finished project!
Hugs,
Eileen

Susie said...

Hi Shell! That was such an adorable home makeover story, if I've ever heard one. I can't wait to see the finished project.
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

The French Bear said...

That is one cute tale from Bunnyville!!!! sure is one sweet little bunny. How lucky are you to get a new big room you are getting, can't wait for the finished pictures!!! Have fun!
Margaret B

gail said...

That Chloe is one smart bunny! Very good plan. I cant wait to see your new room. I wonder how Chloe and Razzy will like no carpet??? LOL
Happy creating,, gail
PS< I suck at painting too!

Cindy - Angel Wings Cottage said...

Hi Shell - - What a way to get some decorating started!! :O) Sounds like the bunnies keep you hoppin'

Pink hugs,

Cindy O.
www.AngelWingsCottage.com

Carolee Crafts said...

I think Chloe was only trying to help out her Mama and it worked. I love your story telling of your bunny tales and cannot wait to see the finished room.

Deb Cushman said...

Although the conspiracy theory is a little suspect, we congratulate you on getting the floor you've always wanted!

Diane Duda said...

:)
Can't wait to see the after pictures.
xo
Di

I get out of a lot of things by "sucking" at them, too.

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

What a cute post Shell, love your bunny tails!

Anonymous said...

You know, you really need to get these pics and narratives into book form...they are amazingly charming...
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

FarmHouse Style said...

Too funny! She looks so innocent doesn't she:-) Hope the redo turns out great.

Rhonda

Unknown said...

Well everyone is just too cute or sweet to say a word about... must have been God's hand at helping you get the new flooring! Pink Hugs, Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Patricia said...

It's a girl thing for sure. Chloe was just helping out. Is there a chance for baby bunnies?? Sure sounds like nesting behaviour to me. They are obviously in white collar prison--quite lux! Can't wait to see the after pics.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotourriof.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Hi Shell, I just don't know who is funnier in your house? You or the bunnies, they are just do special! And you are too!
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
www.coeurdalenegifts.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

It must have cost you a crate and a half of carrots to get Princess Chloe started on the carpets! hee hee.. She's such a pretty bunny, I just love that innocent face!

And how is it that someone as crafty and artistic as you are could suck at painting?? :p

Can't wait to see how the new Bunnyville looks like!

Unknown said...

Hi Shell!

I just want to squeeze Chloe! She is adorable and of course she would not chew on the carpet! lol Looking forward to seeing the redo all done and finished. I know it will be fabulous. Wow...and what a huge cage!
Have a fun week Shell!
xxoo
Janet
Janets Creative Pillows

Rose Petals & Blooms said...

Hi Shell!

Yea Princess Chloe!!! You go girl!! Keep digging until they scream "Uncle"!!

I loved your post, your darling bunnies will be so happy when the renovation is complete, and Mama will be even happier!! Prison in the foyer will be over soon, then off to Heaven in Bunnyland again...ahhhh!!

Big hugs and oodles of bunny fluff to you Shell!
oxxo
Shell

SoCal Helene said...

What a little innocent face!! Hope the impromptu remodeling goes well and that there will be some money over for a dash for your husband, it is very important too!!!
Helene
SistersGiftCompany.com

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...