Sunday, March 8, 2009

More Quilt Festival Pictures

So this week I thought I would share more of the pictures I took at quilt festival. It really was a great time. Before I left, I cleaned out the clutter in Bunnyville to make room for some new things that I'm working on. Of course, my two fuzzy kids are nosey and have to be in the middle of everything. Here is Chloe doing her part to "dig" through the misc. scraps and help me organize.
This is my sewing table. It has doors on each end that open up and the cabinet goes all the way through. I pulled stuff off the bottom shelf to organize.
Of course Razzy thought it was a good place for a nap!
So on with the photos.
Isn't this amazine! It was huge. So much detail and color!
Well deserving of a first place ribbon!
Loved these horses. Big wallhanging!
I'm always one to pop open the bubbly and celebrate something!
Loved the design and rich colors of this wallhanging.
This quilt was huge! I couldn't fit it all in the camera view!
Gorgeous use of color and love the fleur-de-lis!

Sweet and pretty wallhanging. Reminds me of Spring
here in NC.
Just beyond fabulous! Incredible workmanship as shown by the
blue ribbon! Huge quilt.

This is when I wish I could paint. This artist used
paints and applique to create this beautiful piece.
So peaceful looking.
I thought the stone detail of this piece was truly incredible.

Love this piece for the interesting center as well as the intricate border detail.
Sweet little deer.

This quilt just made me happy to look at it.
Incredible color! Again, that painting thing. Man I wish I could paint.
Loooooove this applique!

Looooove this border. So much quilting in this piece!
This quilt was a pattern that was done by one of my favorite designers, Robyn Pandolph.
Very folk arty.
The eyes on this cat just grabbed you and made you stare. This was a huge wall hanging. About the width of a sofa! Incredible.
This was another incredible jacket. So much detail and so much quilting. I love it!

This piece was sooooo cool! It reminds me of some sort of dinnerware. Dutch maybe?
An upclose of the center. Truly a work of art.

Well, that's all for this week. Hope you have fun and enjoy the sun being around longer in the evening. I personally love it!
Check back with me on Wednesday.

bunny hugs,
shell
This week IGF being a quilter and longer days.

22 comments:

Roxie Morrow said...

Wow!!! I swear that is all I can say right now! LOL
xoxo
Rox

Patricia said...

The work that went into those quilts is phenomenal! I just love those painting/applique ones. The woman in the field of flowers, the horses and the butterflies and flowers are my favorites. Just gorgeous.
Glad the bunnies had some fun cleaning with you. I think Razzy needs a bed on that bottom shelf,lol.

Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Roxie took the words right out of my mouth~ love them all~S

Anonymous said...

They are amazing...so are the quilts...LOL...fabric art has come a long way...just incredible...and I do love the pictures...I would love that coat...thanks for the tour...used to go to shows all the time in the DC area...none around here though...
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

gail said...

Hi Shell, I love your workspace and your office managers!

I love the art quilts. Amazing talant. I couldnt even begin to pick a favorite, but I did love the cat and the butterflys with flowers. Thank you for sharing these photos.

Have a creative week.. hugs, gail

Marie said...

Wow Michelle,

Those quilts are incredible. And the bunnies are the cutest.
Marie

Anonymous said...

Shell

All the quilts were amazing. I have to say though I really loved the Alphabet one!

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Anonymous said...

Since I do not sew very often and only make cheater quilts, I am in aweeeeeeeee of the talent and patience of these people!!! I can't even begin to verbalize this!

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Shell,

I always love looking at your work desk! It looks so well organized and I like how your cabinets work!

The quilts are gorgeous! I hope you have a good week ahead!

Pei Li

The Quilt Shoppe said...

Those are some incredible quilts. It never ceases to amaze me the talent that these wonderful artists have.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing :)

Luisa said...

Bellissimi!!! Stupendi!!!
Sono tutti i miei preferiti.
Uno al giorno.
Passa da me a ritirare un premio.
Ciao Luisa.

Very beautiful!!! Stupendous!!! They are mine preferred.
One a day.
It passes from me to withdraw a prize.
Hi Luisa

Carolee Crafts said...

These quilts are beautiful, not too sure of my favourite as they are all lovely, maybe the butterflies. Thank you for sharing

Unknown said...

Hi Shell!

OMGosh!! What amazing quilts! So glad you took pictures to share with us. How talented they all are! I love the butterflies. So much work and so much detail. I also got a kick out of your fuzzy babies in the pics..lol They are so cute.
Have a fuzzytailed week! xo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Anonymous said...

Wow, how amazing. I love the quilts you shared. Thanks, Shell.

Hugs,
Carol

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing, Shell.

Pink hugs, Karen

Susie said...

Beautiful quilts Shell! I enjoy going to quilt shows too. Amazing talent.
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose

kath@retromantic antiques said...

Thanks so much for sharing the amazing quilts. Such artistry! Oh and as usual love seeing the bunnies. k

Eileen said...

Just gorgeous Shell! I love that jacket...wow!
Hugs,
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Shell, I am just lovin that Jacket, that is so me! I absolutely would love to attend a show like this! I bet you had a blast!
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
www.coeurdalenegifts.com/blog

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Those are amazing!! I cannot believe the talent!! I cant even imagine being able to do that!

Your bunnies are just too cute!!! How do you get anything done with that much cuteness around, lol!

Hugs,
Amy

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Wow Shell these are amazing! Thanks for sharing your photos. They're absolutely beautiful!

Susan
www.myvintagecharm.typepad.com

Patricia said...

There's a surprise waiting for you over at my blog today!
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...