Sunday, March 29, 2009

Psamathe-The Sand Goddess

Blog world is so incredible!! Remember my posts from last month about the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival? Scroll back if you missed it. Remember the part about this incredible piece that I loved and stared at, studied and got lost in, but my picture came out really crappy??? Well.... the artist of this piece found my little ol' bunny blog and emailed me asking if I would like a "better" picture. Ummmm lets see.......... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Oh how cool is that!!!!

Then... to make it even better, she sends me a link to her site showing how this quilt was made!!! I'm was so excited and couldn't believe that she found me!!!

So... may I introduce this, my favorite piece from the entire Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival, made by the very talented Jennifer Wolf, "Psamathe-The Sand Goddess." Thank you so much Jennifer for visiting with me and the bunnies. You are truly an inspiration and I'm so incredibly honored to share your work here. Please be sure and visit Jennifer here!

Have a great week everyone. Please hop back and visit on Wednesday.
bunny hugs,
shell

This week IGF blog land and it's ability to bring people together for the enjoyment of all.

16 comments:

gail said...

Hi shell,, that certainly is a gorgeous piece or art. I love it too. I see what you mean about being able to look at it forever! Its great she found you! I am off to visit her sight as well. I hope you have enjoyed your visit with your Mom! Have a pretty week and big bunny hugs, gail

The French Bear said...

Wow, you are right, that is so beautiful! That's so cool that she found you.
Margaret B

Marie said...

Hi Shell,
That is one gorgeous quilt. Jennifer really is talented. I am so glad you got a better picture. have a great week in bunnyland :O)
marie

Nancy said...

Shell,
Thank~You so much for Sharing!! That is one incredible piece of Art. I can see why you chose it. I will have to scoot over to her site!
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
www.coeurdalenegifts.com/blog/

Susie said...

Hi Shell! Wow! Jennifer's quilt is breathtakingly beautiful and the way you both connected again through blogland is amazing. Wonderful show and tell.
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose

Carolee Crafts said...

This takes my breath away, absolutely stunning. I can see why you loved it so much.

lisa said...

Shell ~

What an awesome quilt, I can see why it would be your favorite.

Hope you and the bunnies are doing well.

Lisa

Patricia said...

Shell, how cool that she found you and is such a lovely person to share. That piece is truly gorgeous, I can't imagine the hours that must have taken.
So nice to find new friends, the internet is such an amazing place.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Cottage Flair said...

Blog world is amazing. I had someone in our shop saying she found my site and blog online. I always find that so amazing. What an amazing piece. Thanks for sharing the new photo.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

wow...fine art and fabric blend...that is an amazing amount of work...just gorgeous and how neat that she found you also...
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Janet L Christian said...

that is amazing. I love the detail. I will have to check out your prev post.

Tedi said...

Wow, now that's a quilt! No wonder you wanted to show us a better picture. I wish I had been there to see it in person. Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Shell...wow.. that is gorgeous!
Thank you for sharing..I love your posts..
Guess what almost ready..?
Hugs, Cindy:)

Mary Wadsworth said...

Wow, so magical! Thank you for sharing this!

Hugs,
Mary

Unknown said...

Hi Shell!

Absolutely beautiful! Jennifer is so talented. I think it's amazing that she found you. I will be sure to visit her site. So glad you shared this wonderful piece of art with us.
Shell I also want to thank you a million for all the beautiful things you sent me. I was in shock to see so many pretty things. I know I thanked you at the chat,but that just isn't enough. I will be posting all the goodies on my blog for Show and Tell Monday. I just have to share it all!

Many bunny hugs to you Shell~!
xxx
Janet
Janets Creative Pillows

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's such a beautiful piece!! Isn't it amazing how things work out? I'm glad Jennifer found you and your blog :)

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...