Monday, February 15, 2010

Bun in the Oven

By now most of you know that even though I like calm, clean and serene, I do have a pretty silly sense of humor. While most of the time my designs are a little more elegant, subtle and serious, sometimes I just can't help but be a little silly. Especially when my mind starts hopping around like a crazy bunny!

This time it started when I got some new floss colors from Valdani. This one is called Baby Soft Pastel. That made me remember a little doodle I did about a year ago. Then I started thinking about Spring and new bunnies everywhere and how most of my friends had kiddo's around the same time. You know...multiplying like rabbits. hee,hee,hee. (that silly thing again).
Then I started thinking about how much I love to wrap presents and make the wrapping just as special as the present!

So, may I present you with my newest design "Bun in the Oven Gift Bag."

Over the years most of my friends and family that had kiddo's, all complained about swollen feet. This pattern made me laugh because the bunnies look like they are trying to see past their belly's to look at their swollen feet! hee,hee,hee. Told ya I was silly. See how the bunnies are all joined at the ears? I used little beads on their dresses for buttons.

I love to give unique and handmade gifts and I like to make the presentation of the gifts just as special. I give things like lotions, a gift certificate for a pedicure and manicure, coupons for dinners, etc. This bag is perfect for those or little books for baby. It then makes a wonderful keepsake holder for all the cards, photos and little favors from the baby shower.

I'm still in the middle of writing the pattern, but I got so excited that I just had to share it with you today! The pattern and 3 kits will be available on my Website Friday night, Feb 19th.
Have a fun day and be silly!
your friend,
shell (aka, Auntie M)

9 comments:

Deb Cushman said...

How adorable! Lovely little bulging bunnies! You are so creative.

Barb said...

Just tooo cute!!

Karen M said...

Such a sweet pattern. And a great idea for a gift within a gift. Nice work as always, Shell.

Hef's Mom said...

After working at the EVIL job which was flooded with OBNOXIOUS teenagers and kids all day I thought it was carrots at first and it took me a little bit to relize it was mama buns, but once i did it's very cute. More bunnies please no more kids.

Mary Wadsworth said...

OMG! Shell this is so creative and cute. I love it:)

Shirley said...

It is so pretty and I love the color of the new thread. It is so pretty. Whoever receives the bag should really love it, because of it being made with love. Take care

WoolenSails said...

Love those colors, really beautiful.

Debbie

d. moll, l.ac. said...

FuN!

Linda said...

Cute, I love the colors. Swollen bellies and swollen feet, how cute is that???

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...