Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Meeting - Barbara Gaddy of Bejeweled Quilts by Barb

Good morning staff! Hope all of you have had a lovely weekend. I finally figured out what the problem was with uploading pictures. It wasn't Blogger at all. The ding dong cable workers were messing around with the lines outside and took my internet speed from high speed to slow poke speed! Apparently it's not fast enough to upload photos. They are coming today to fix it, so as I write this post, I still have to wait forever until I can add photos. It has also made visiting your blogs difficult as it's like having dial up speed to load your blog. Oy! I've become spoiled in my old age. Spoiled I tell ya! hee,hee,hee.

Anyway, let's get on to our meeting shall we?

Today I am delighted to introduce you to a very fun quilting friend, Barbara Gaddy of Bejeweled Quilts by Barb. Barb's blog is all about quilting. This women loves fabric, Steam a Seam and her Accu Quilt!



Barb is also a pattern designer and has several patterns for sale including these two. I think they are so cute and charming! She also has lots of free tutorials on her blog to get your creativity hopping! Bloggers and quilters are some of the most generous people aren't they?

Here are a couple of the quilts she has made that I really love. This butterfly baby quilt is so colorful. I know what you're thinking, Shell, loves white stuff. While I do love white, I also appreciate the beauty in all art and the things that other people find beautiful. After all, if everyone liked the same thing, the world would be so truly boring. :)

Don't ya just love these owls? Cute! Cute! Cute!

Hop over and visit with Barb. Tell her Shell and the bunnies said hi!

Have a magical and fun week everyone and may your internet speed be zippy! ;)
Meeting adjourned.

xx, shell, sugie and harrington

12 comments:

Melody said...

Hi gorgeous Shell and the beautiful bunnies, thank you for introducing me to Barb, her work is charming, I especially love her owls. Have a great week.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell:
What a great find! Barb creates truly gorgeous and intricate quilts. Love 'em all! Thanks for sharing!
Hope you have a fabulous week, my friend. Hugs to you, Sugie and Harrington, from our gang in FL.
xoxo
Donna

Crafty Green Poet said...

what lovely quilts!

The Fab Furs said...

Love the creature-themed quilts! Once you get used to a higher level of technology, it's hard to go back.

Barb said...

I must say, I was totally shocked when I was going down my google reader and saw my mug on your blog....I am still in shock. Thanks so much for the sweet shout out!!

Mandy Saile said...

Another lovely interview...the owls are adorable and the turtles very cool. Hope your well lovely Shell. XO M.

Maggey and Jim said...

I love everything Barb makes..She is an awesome quilter..
Maggey

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

Thanks for introducing us to your friend Barb and I enjoyed seeing what she is making. The owl and octopus quilts are lovely.
Hope that all is well with you and your sweet bunnies.
Have a great week, dear friend.

Hugs
Carolyn

Allie said...

I love her blog - I've been following a long time - she's wonderful!

Jindi's Cottage said...

As usual I've slid in sideways, late and missed the meeting!
Enjoying the guests you are inviting each week.

Rebecca said...

Hi Shell...my sweet friend!
How have you been, I am just coming out of chasing my tail mode... do rabbits ever do that? ha
Hopefully I can start getting around a little more and visit - I miss all of you.
Looks like you have been doing some serious quilting, all looks beautiful.
Many Blessings
Rebecca

Jo in TAS said...

Hi Shell!
Thank-you for introducing Barb, she does some very cute designs, I love those owls. I'm off to visit her blog
Cheers
Jo

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...