Saturday, March 5, 2011

Roll'in Roll'in Roll'in...this quilt tour keeps a Roll'in!

I'm so glad ya'll are having fun with this tour! I wish we could have all been there together in person. Of course, I would be so busy hugging everyone that I wouldn't see the show!

Today I thought I would share some of the traditional quilts that I loved. So...do you like traditional or innovative better???? Hmmmmmmmmm?? It's really fun to hear what ya'll like best each day!

First up today is this beautiful blue ribbon applique. But wait!! What do I spy with my little eye????

Bunnies!!!

Another bunny!!

A beautiful quilt! Congratulations on your blue ribbon!

Then there is this lovely quilt!

I love the name of it.
How about some redwork stitchery! Sorry I didn't get the maker of this. Lots of folks standing in the way.

Then we have this beauty. Anytime I see lots of points, I get a headache! Oy!

Lovely, lovely quilt! Oh and the sign...yes, the sign. No touching Shell. Those white gloved hostesses will knock you upside the head if you try. Dag...

Next we have this piece, which is made by some gals that live near me!

Cool!

Finally for today is this piece. Something about stars and flying geese. They have always been a favorite of mine. Once had a friend call me in the middle of the night for some measurements on making her geese. Insane woman! (Dawn)

Well, that's it for today. Let me know what you like, traditional or innovative. I would love to know! I'll have more quilts tomorrow and I'll have the grand finale on Monday with my most favorite quilt in the entire show. You won't believe it. Well, then again, maybe you will. ;)

xx, shell, sugie and harrington

17 comments:

Jade said...

Either one works for me; it all depends on how the quilt looks.

Petal49 said...

Must admit I'm more for traditional but do admire the skills of all quilters. Thanks for sharing these beautiful works of art.

Melody said...

Amazing quilts again. Thanks so much for sharing

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love all the quilts, traditional or innovative,

Barb said...

I sure missed out...thanks for these wonderful pictures, sooo enjoyed them.

Hef's Mom said...

"Stars and flying geese"? Ok so it took me a minute to figure out there weren't real geese depcited. Its 9am on a Saturday and I haven't had my coffee.
I like the bunnies though, it looks like he is wearing a little vest.

Karen M said...

I enjoy seeing all of them. There is always something interesting, whether it is the design, the color combos, the skill of the maker, or whatever. Thank you so much for sharing your photos.

Jan M said...

I think my favorite will always be the traditional quilts. Although, I love when people think outside the box!

JudyCinNC said...

I love to see all the eye candy and admire the Baltimore Albums/Pictorial type quilts, but for making and at my age - give me traditional to make. Judy C loves your quilt show tour.

Shirley said...

Hi Shell, I am enjoying your quilt tour so very much. I would have a hard time chosing if I was a judge because of so many beautiful quilts. I will looking forward to some more please. Have a great weekend. Your Missouri Friend.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh Dear--personality--I like traditional--but then I think you knew that!!!
My favorites so far are still the rabbit one from yesterday and that squirrel one--did you take time to really look at the squirrels tail??
opps thats right==you have to watch out for the squirrels teeth first--no time for tail looking!!!
Hugs, di and miss gracie

Nora said...

I like it all ~ quilting is such a wonderful art expression. The time & love that goes into them. Each quilt so different & all it takes is one color change, or twist in block placement...I love the personalities of a quilt, from fun & funky to ornate & traditional.

Out of these pix, I ADORE that redwork - GORGEOUS!

RG said...

Traditional ...

Great reporting.

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I'm new to quilting, so haven't figured out exactly what I like yet.

But I do have a question - I'm new to quilting as well as blogging, and want to make sure I don't commit a blog mistake. Am I allowed to copy a quilt photo from your blog as long as I reference your blog as my source? And second, if I ask about a flying geese size for a quilt I'm making could you explain to me how to figure out how to make it since it's an odd size? Thanks. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

Oh you lucky Lady, seeing all these gorgeous quilts.
I love the one with the bunnies and the sweet house.
Also the four and twenty blackbirds is lovely.
There are so many talented people out there.
Thanks for showing us.

Hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Fabulous quilts! Thanks so much for posting pictures of all these beautiful quilts.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...