Monday, January 21, 2013

Decorating, A Sneaky Peeky and A Reminder

What's that saying? You can take the girl out of decorating, but you can't take the decorating out of the girl. Even though I no longer work in home building and interior design, I still can't help but see things through the eyes of an interior designer.

I love the thought of decorating with quilts, textiles and of course, handmade things. I'm not one to follow trends anymore, but instead, follow my heart with things that say, "Welcome. I'm so glad you're here. Let's sit and chat over a cup of coffee."


So recently, while thinking of my next Folk Art Fusion design, I got to looking at my dining room table. (The quilt that's normally on the hanger is out on loan to a quilt shop. Hmm... what can I make for it's spot)


Mr. Veggie Soup bunny looked lonely in the middle of my giant table. He needed something to ground him, add some more fun and whimsey.


Here's a sneaky peaky of what's to come this Thursday. Not a table runner, but a table topper. It could also be used as a wall quilt. I truly love decorating with quilts. First, it's really fun to make them! Second, the sense of accomplishment when you make something with your own hands. Third, you can change them out as often as you like and they don't take up a lot of storage space. Finally, there are not hundreds of thousands of the same thing all over the world stamped "Made in China." They are made by you, with love, passion and the joy that comes with creating.


Please join me and the bunnies here this Thursday when we are delighted to kick of the "Dare To Dresden" blog hop with our friends.

See you then!
xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies 

15 comments:

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Yes, it's so nice to be able to change your room in a minute! Change the quilts, change the colour settings and the room looks completely different. Can't wait to your next decoration!

Barb said...

I too love to decorate with quilts...some of my end tables are bare...gotta get busy.

Jeanette said...

I love to be able to decorate with things i've made or friends/family have made. Hugs,xx.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful home you have Shell i love your style.xx

Unknown said...

wow!! Perfect home decoration.

Find out more: Verandah Designs

Starr White said...

Amen, Michelle. Classic is always in style! Your dining room is beautiful - especially those wonderful black chairs. I love a touch of black in almost everything. I look forward to seeing the surprise :)

Heather said...

Love those unusual dining room chairs. I too enjoy decorating with my quilts. I actually enjoy them more on my walls than my beds!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING MY DEAR! Well I think that Mr. Veggie Soup Bunny is quite happy with your decision; the look on his face says that he is happy to be ON TOP of the tureen rather than IN IT, and that his "maƮtresse" only has his benefit in mind! GREAT DESIGN as always, and your dining room is simply FABULOUS. LOVE! Anita

krislovesfabric said...

Look forward to seeing your creations :)

Little Miss Titch said...

it all looks stunning!
don't worry about passing on the awards we give them to you to show the we are thinking of you and love what you do,xx Speedy

Unknown said...

Ha ha! So cute! Would love to come over for a chat and a cup of coffee:) Love your chairs as well. Time to upgrade ours. Got the cheap fake leather ones a few years ago and my son just pealed the 'leather' off of a large chunk of one of the seats. Time to make slipcovers!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Thank you--I did not think about the 'made in China' thing when we quilt and craft--I did chuckle and got a big smile on my face--
can't wait to see this one--
one of these days I got to get caught up so I can order some more things to stitch????
Hugs, di and miss gracie and that fur ball--Odie

RG said...

Oh crap - I spilled spaghetti on it. Bummer. Maybe you could just turn it over????

Just kidding. Anxious to see it.

Christine L said...

What wonderful decorations! Thank you for the promo post too! I can't wait to see your dresden project!
Hugs

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell:
It's always nice to stop by for a visit to your warm and welcoming home. Love your dining room look and all the goodies you share. It's so totally "you"!
xoxo
Donna

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...