Friday, November 22, 2013

Hoppy Friday!

Hi and Hoppy Friday! It's time to share what made us happy this week!


First, I would like to start off with socks. Yep, socks. One of my most favorite things about cooler weather is wearing socks. Weirdo, funky, dorky socks are my favorite. I collect black socks with crazy prints. I picked up these beauties when I was in Houston. Love them!


Next are these gorgeous Bradford Pear trees. In the Spring they are full of beautiful white blooms and in the Fall they are this magnificent blend of orange and red. These trees line the driveway of a home near me. I think the green of the grass, the red of the pear trees and the green of the pines would make an awesome quilt color combination. Don't you?


I simply adore Harrington's wonky ear. It is impossible not to smile when you look at this adorable little fella who has a giant personality.


Hannah's eyelashes melt my heart every time she bats her eyes at me. Of course, the star on her nose brings extra magic when you kiss it. ;)


Incredible sunsets like the sky is on fire. The sun wishing you sweet dreams at the end of a long day.


Precious friends in Australia, who you have never met, that send lots of delicious goodies. Thank you Pauline! :)


The view from my window up in Bunnyville. I love how the setting sun looked on Captain's house the other day. The shadows on the garage doors, the clouds in the sky, the different shades of green in the trees and the soft glow from the sun. It makes me happy knowing my dear friend lives there and soon I will head across the street for Happy Friday with homemade pizza, some wine, beer and lots of laughs. It's the perfect start to the weekend.

So, what made you happy this week?

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

19 comments:

Unknown said...

What made me happy this week was seeing and talking with an old bunny friend. Love ya!

Birgitte aka Bietje said...

That sunset is indeed incredible, love it. What made me happy this week was the man I am married to. He let me smile time and time again.

Lesley said...

Your socks made me giggle...that definitely made me happy! The color red makes me happy too so I bought a new red coffee cup!

krislovesfabric said...

Seeing your bunnies with their incredibly fun poses always makes me smile :)

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Sweet post Michelle! Love the bunnies and all the treats. I was fortunate to spend e week in San Diego with my husband. It was a wonderful time. We mixed and matched tourism with work and even visited two new to me quilt shops! Life is good - I'm thankful... Take care now...

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful pictures Michelle. We have two Aussies staying with us this week. They are friends of my daughter. What delightful young people.

Crafty Green Poet said...

your pear trees are gorgeous. We've got amazing autumn colours here too, which has been making me happy for the past few weeks!

Deb said...

Reading your sweet post made me very happy Michelle <3 Have a lovely weekend and hugs and kisses to the bunnies, Deb

Unknown said...

Oooh I love the bunny mug. We have a new arrival.
http://abrzn.blogspot.com/2013/11/julius.html

Christine M said...

Lovely photos Shell. Enjoy those Tim Tams!

Fiona said...

what a lovely post... I love socks in the cooler weather too... wear them all day around the house...
Hugz

RG said...

"A Pear of Greens"

I got my box of little candy canes to stir the hot chocolate with for the next 5 weeks! Happy, happy, happy!

Kris said...

You, my darling friend!! AND, I am knitting my very first pair of socks!! I have been trying on and off for over 35 years and I finally found a pattern that makes sense!! I'm half way through the first one!! Whoo! Hoo!!

Createology said...

What made me happy this week was a completely lost Thursday spending time with hubby and a friend having lunch that lasted until dinner. Hugs to you in your black fun socks and Harrington and Hannah on Happy Hoppy Friday.

kc said...

well, it sounds corny, but, really, what makes me happy this week is seeing YOU happy!

I had a very cool experience yesterday - I got to sew on a machine that was used to make parachutes in WWII....yup, an awning maker here in town let me borrow one of his machines to put a binding on, and he shared the history of his machines and tables. They came from the old Air Force field and you could just feel & hear the history...it was really pretty humbling. But, when it was over, my binding was sewn on, and I was definitely doing my happy dance! Now all I have left to do is make/place the shoulder pad & strap, and that's one done puppy! Tomorrow (Sat) I'll work at the zoo, so there's bound to be some smiles there, too!

Sparklyjools said...

Receiving e-mails and phone calls from four wonderful friends - two of whom I've never even met (guess who one of them was!) Have a great weekend and send some homemade pizza please - yum!:)xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Darling friend,

I was so occupied this week with school, with other things that were a bit exhausting. But here I am, relaxing with you, the bunnies and your fun socks. teheheheheh I TOO LOVE MY SOCKS! Woo, it's a cold one out there now!

Dearest one, Harrington's personality bursts through the screen. Hannah-Banana's royalty shines as her little tiara and those eyelashes? MELT.....

almtsbb said...

I agree with you about the colors in the picture of the Bradford pear trees. I'm going to look through my stash now. Planning quilts makes me very happy. Also seeing bunny pictures.

JudyCinNC said...

We are all so fortunate to have so much color in our lives. Isn't Fall grand?
Happiness is finding out a new great grandson is on the way and due in May.
Happiness is having my house almost completely decorated for Christmas. No one here this year for Thanksgiving so - why not have Christmas a little longer. Judy C in NC sends love and good wishes.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...