Monday, October 27, 2014

Looking forward to 2015

Hi ya! I know, I know, it's not even Halloween and I'm looking forward to 2015. Well, when you are a designer, you start planning for the new year in the summer! :)

I'm truly excited to share my "Blessings of the Month" with you starting in January of 2015!

First, I want to send out a HUGE thank you hug to Madam Samm of Sew We Quilt for designing this beautiful logo and button for me! She always amazes me with her many talents and all the energy she has. Hop over and visit her blog. There are tons of wonderful blog hops, tips and fun things to sign up for. Oh and there are PRIZES to win! Woo hoo! Plus, if you need some graphic design work, she would be happy to assist you.


So what are the "Blessings of the Month?" Well, I will be totally honest with you. I have been truly worn out with all the sadness, negativity and hatred in the world. I decided I wanted to do something to shine light, love and happiness on all of my friends.

I'm half Irish and half German and decided to combine Irish blessings with the look of German fraktur into my own Folk Art Fusion style. Starting January 1st and going through June1st, there will be a new blessing each month. However, there will be NO signups, and each blessing will be it's own project. So, you can pick and choose the blessing project you want or collect them all and spread some love and happiness to your family and friends. 

I will have wool and Valdani thread kits available for each, but again, you pick and choose the ones you want. No pressure, no UFO pile of unfinished BOM's and no worries. It's a time to create something beautiful with your own hands, simplify your life and spread a little love.

(one of my favorite pictures in my house)

So there you have it. Of course, I will have other designs coming throughout the new year as I love sharing my passion with you. The bunnies, Sabrina and I truly appreciate your friendship and support so we can continue on this adventure.


One last note. I wasn't able to attend Quilt Market in Houston this year, BUT I made the cover of the catalog! How cool is that!?!

Have a fun day and we'll see you back here on Wednesday for the Fellowship of the Flowers October project! ;)

Hugs!
Michelle, the bunnies and Sabrina too

20 comments:

SewCalGal said...

I'm looking forward to 2015 too! And eager to see your new designs. Love your Blessings of the Month plans.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Melody said...

I agree, there are just so many horrible things and images out there, something positive will be wonderful

Melody said...

I agree, there are just so many horrible things and images out there, something positive will be wonderful

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, I have been scheduling 2015 since the summer, too. I think this is wonderful - love that button and will add it to my side bar. ANd look at that cutie pie on the cover!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

FYI - Your button code is not working so I set it up as an image on my side bar.

Jeanette said...

Looking forward too it. Fabulous photo on the book cover. Hugs, xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning lovely Michelle!

Me too. I am also saddened by the world's inability to make peace but constant tendency to steal, kill and destroy dreams. That is why one light is so important; you make others shine, then the exponential work begins. But it takes a culture to change things, and I'm just glad I know people like you and many others who care enough to make ART and happiness happen.

What a blessing of an idea to create such fun! And you are on the cover!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you always, and give Hannah and gang a squeeze.

Allie said...

Exciting news!!! Can't wait to see what you've come up with my dear! And how lovely to see you as a cover girl!!

krislovesfabric said...

I look forward to seeing this :) It sounds like a great project!

Mother Owl said...

If there was a like button, I would hit it to all the comments given so far...You just added another thing to look forward to---so exciting!!

Lesley said...

A wonderful tribute to positivity! Love the button and love the whole idea of spreading goodness and blessings.

RG said...

Good plan!

I am still getting last July organized!

Tina said...

Excellent! I can't wait to see the first 'Blessings'! And I'm with you: the world sure has become full of negativity. Congratulations on being a 'Cover Girl'!!

Sparklyjools said...

I think your Blessings idea is wonderful and will bring many blessings to those taking part! I think we should make 2015 should be the year of Happiness, when we look for good news and help others when we can. I am even thinking about doing something on my blog. (Good Grief - what has come over your grumpy old friend?!!!) xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Michelle, I just saw your comment....thank you for leaving a comment. You know how meaningful it is when someone takes the time to visit but especially to take the time to leave a word so that the author can know someone came by. Your presence is so refreshing to me! And do you know that this year, we hardly saw any bunnies in our yard? I am worried....we used to have at least 3-4 bunnies at the same time in our garden, and now? NONE. What is happening?

BE WELL AND THANK YOU dear friend! Anita

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE that oval frame button! I like the cute little raspberries on the bottom.
My husband is also half-Irish, half-German, which gives us reason to yearly visit both Irish festivals and German Beerfests! We have a small collection of books of Irish sayings, and look forward to your upcoming project.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to 'spread light'. Blessing to you and your household.

Createology said...

I shall be adding Blessings of the Month to my list. You are a Blessing in this World of so much sadness. Congratulations on your cover...super adorable! Madamm Samm is delightful and sew very talented. Love your logo design. Keep smiling and Blessing us with your amazing Creative Bliss...

jsews said...

Sounds fun! We can all use a light light heartedness and some uplifting.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Michelle where will you be posting the kits for blessings of the month. I couldn't find the Jan one?

Patricia said...

How do we do this blessings of the month? I have been searching for a while now can't find them I see it says just till June. Would LOVE to see them

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...