Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Sneaky Peeky and for everything a season

Oh my gosh am I ever ready for Spring! I can't take the cold at all. Bring on the heat and Captain's pool! :)


At least I'm working on something which helps me focus on Spring. Here is a sneaky peeky of March's Blessing. Can you guess what it is?


I only have 2 complete kits left for February's Blessing. I won't be making up any more of these for a few months so if you want one of the last two, hop over to my SHOP and get it.

So the other night, we had an ice storm. I could hear the ice slapping the windows and the wind was howling. All I kept thinking about was how grateful I was that Sabrina kitty lives with me and wasn't outside in the cold with no food or warm shelter.


"Yes, I am using your pillow. I really don't see the problem."
I believe she is quite happy to be living here as well. ;)


The day after the storm was dark and dreary, but yesterday, the sun came out and started to melt the ice. I looked out my back window at the pond and the trees. It was so magical. I decided to bundle up and head out with my camera.

I felt like I was in wonderland when I looked up at the trees topped with ice. It was so beautiful with the sunlight pouring in against the Carolina blue skies. Oh how I love blue skies filled with light.


I ventured over to my crab apple tree. The remaining crab apples were little balls of ice. I thought the branches looked like a briar patch. 

The river birch trees were stunning with their peeling bark and soft branches with ice dripping off of them. I loved how the ice was dripping off the fence too. The colors in this photo gave me an idea for a future quilt palette. I thought it was such a pretty combination.

So for everything there is a season and a purpose for each. There truly is so much beauty in every single season and all we have to do is open our eyes and see it. However, I will always love the seasons with temperatures above 85F the best. ;)


"Just so you know, we're snuggling until Spring. So don't expect any work out of us."
I don't blame you bunnies. I don't blame you one bit. Now scoot over and let mama in on that snuggle action.

Have a fun weekend. Sending warm and happy wishes your way.

xx,
Michelle and the fuzzy ones


14 comments:

Thoeria said...

It is lovely seeing a pic of Sabrina again :) She looks very content!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Well, when you are THAT CUTE, you can call the shots, and tell your employer WHO'S REALLY THE BOSS (or bosses!) teeehehee

Oh Shell, you and me both...we are shivering and just want some WARMTH! Your pond and is lush and in the spring and summer, enjoy every inch of green grass. The geese will be back, Sabrina will be bouncing about, and these two employees? Will they even want to work with so much sunshine?

And for YOU, Miss Hannah-Banana....where are you ears? Did you cut them off? You look bald! teeeeeheheheeeee.....just messin' with ya...

BIG HUGS to keep you warm my friends!

PBee said...

-13 here this morning with more of the same through the weekend. Perfect sewing weather!

Anna said...

...and here we are in snow country with neary a flake around!!! love your blessings!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OK Hannah--you look like you are scowling??? and where are your ears--and talking about ears--Harrington--I see both of yours are up--that is different!! So you are both on 'vacation' hu??? so who is helping your mom do her designs???
And Sabrina--you are such a pretty gal--
Hi Shell--isn't funny how 'cats' just make themselves at home, once they become part of the family and it is like they are saying--ok--now I am the boss around here!!!!
smiles, diandmissgracie

Lesley said...

Beautiful pictures! I listened to your podcast today hosted by Pat Sloan on APQ. You were awesome and sounded wonderful, confident, and creative! I found you explained your technique very well! Congrats!

Jeanette said...

Love the sneaky peek. Good to see Sabrina & know she is loved & safe. Gorgeous photo's of the trees. Hello Sabrina, Hannah & Harrington. Ask your Mum to hug you for me. Hugs,xx

Tina said...

I can hardly wait to see the rest of the 'sneaky peek'!! And I love the pictures of your outside area - the trees are just so lovely and beautiful with the ice crystals on them! Also, I can't believe how wonderful Sabrina looks! I almost didn't recognize her. Her coat is just beautiful and she has sure filled out nicely - You can sure tell she loves her new family! Hannah and Harrington's picture really makes me smile too - they are very wise bunny workers in taking some time off during this cold spell! ;o)

RG said...

Artists are artists no matter the medium!

Createology said...

Lovely blue sky and ice crystals. Thankfully Sabrina and the Bunnies are very happy indoors with you! Do I spy a green shamrock for March? I just stitched a little green for March but can't show it yet. Blissful Warmth...

Starr White said...

I smell shamrocks! or is that a little Irish whiskey? tee hee. Sabrina is a beauty, and she has obviously made herself right at home - lovely to see. And your icy trees are just gorgeous!

Starr White said...

I smell shamrocks! or is that a little Irish whiskey? tee hee. Sabrina is a beauty, and she has obviously made herself right at home - lovely to see. And your icy trees are just gorgeous!

Deb said...

Your new project looks beautiful Michelle and Sabrina looks fabulous and right at home on your bed LOL! Hope that you don't get any more freezing rain, scary stuff! Come on Spring! Love to you, Sabrina and the bunny-kins!

Lady Jane said...

There is nothing so dang cute as bunnies....

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...