Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Postcard Kits and a Gift to myself

Well, I can't believe next week will be Thanksgiving already. Whew! I feel like it was just Labor Day. Are you traveling to see family and friends for the big day of feasting? David and I decided to spend our first Thanksgiving in Wilmington at one of our favorite restaurants, Sweet and Savory. They put together a wonderful spread and even offer vegetable lasagna for us vegetarians! Woo hoo!!!

Many friends/customers have asked me to put together kits for my Postal Fusions. These post cards make wonderful handmade and heartfelt gifts for the special people on your list. Each kit contains the National Nonwovens wool felt, the Valdani 3 strand floss, embroidery needle, Soft Fuse - fusible web and 10 clear envelopes for mailing. There are enough supplies to make several of each. A PDF pattern will be emailed to you after kit purchase.


These postcards are fast and fun to make and


are the perfect take along project when you travel this Thanksgiving.


HOP over to my SHOP to get your KIT.

Today, I am super excited to share a little pressie I gave myself. I do love to give myself pressies! ;) My dear, super talented, wonderfully creative friend, Donna Liljegren of Brynwood Needleworks made me this gorgeous wallet.


I had been stalking eyeballing these on her Facebook page and just had to have one with the Alice in Wonderland fabric.
 

Look at all the pockets!


Donna makes everything incredibly special. Look at this cute little zipper fob she added. Love it!


The inside is every bit as beautiful and well made as the outside. 

I am over the moon excited with the pressie I gave myself. It's the perfect size to take with me when I run errands, grab a coffee with a friend or go to a movie.


Thank you so very much Donna! I love it! Hop on over and visit Donna at her BLOG. She might just have a pressie you want to buy for yourself. :)


Have a good weekend and I'll see you back here next Wednesday with an update on our new house.

Light, love and hugs,
Michelle

10 comments:

Createology said...

Thanksgiving has arrived in record time and I am very grateful for so much in my life. Love your Fusion Postcards dear. Yes, Donna does everything with exceptional detail and care. Your pressie is perfect for you my friend. Prayers for Peace...

Little Miss Titch said...

OMB I love that purse,xx Rachel

Loris said...

Such a sweet present for a sweet lady :-)
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope it is a beautiful day and full of gratitude...especially for that new house that probably seems like it's taking forever to build ;-) Hang in there =^.^=

Christine M said...

Your postcards are lovely, Shell. What a beautiful wallet. So perfect for you!

Sparklyjools said...

Ace postcards! And love the wallet - amazing fabric. What a clever lady she is!xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HI SHELL!

I think that is a lovely idea, to spend Thanksgiving in your new home town. Relaxed, quiet, anticipating being HOME. And all these goodies, they remind me of the gentleness that is possible in humanity, to create goodness in art. Love that peace dove sweet friend. LOVE!

Judy1522 said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The wallet fabric is perfect for you and I love that it has alternative types of straps to use.

tink's mom said...

This week I am making a postcard using the Christmas Bunnies. I was in a hop last month and used a reduced version of your stitched pumpkins. I'll be posting about the pumpkins this weekend I think because I know they have arrived in Canada and the Bunnies when they arrive in Brazil.

Pilar Garcia de la Cueva said...

Precioso todo!
Un saludo

Deb said...

What a wonderful pressie Michelle, you deserve it! Enjoy your new wallet,it's lovely. Deb xo

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...